Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Mittwoch, November 16, 2005

Wednesday Training - Uchiro

Wow, quite an exhausting training session today. We were only 4 ppl on the tatami today. Daniel, Monika, Mago and me.
While dressing up, I had a small chat with daniel. I asked him about the dynamics in aikido and what the difference is between some styles. This comes, because I've seen Christian Tissier on television. He's performing a very dynamic and effective aikido.
He tried to explain me some datails, but stopped suddenly an just meant: "Ok, I'll show you in the training..." ...So, it was me giving him the impulse to have a training session quite dynamically. Now I know how exhausting aikido can be. ;-)

He showed the effectiveness on the uchiro kokyunage technique. First, we performed it like we do it in our "usual" trainings. Big long movements, slowly performed with focus on ma-ai and correct posture. Then it begun... ...sentences like "on the street, you have no time for this, therefore..." or "...if I have some young advanced students, like tissier has, I would do it like this.. ...ah, lemy is here, let's show it.." ohmygod! hehe ;-)

I was deeply impressed afterwards and told him to do such trainings more often for people interested in self defence. He mentioned that he's beginning in training of some pressure point techniques with a friend and will start in about one year to include it in the training. I just can't wait until then! ;-) This will be very interesting!

After this dynamic lessions for us beginners ;-) we performed all our techniques we'll have to show on the test:
- katate tori shihonage
- katate tori irimi
- katate tori ikkyo
- katate riote tori ikkyo
- katate tori kotegaeshi

It was very cool, as I was able to perform each technique with daniel. He didn't have much to mention which seems to be a good sign. I looks like I'm ready for the tests.

Unfortunately, they've planned to do the tests on 10th of december. Guess what. On exactly that date, I'll not be here (vacations in colmar france with girlfirend) :( Daniel will check for another date for me and we'll discuss this in the next training. Thanks! :)

As I said, exhausting training, extreeeemly tired, but quite relaxed. It was good to go!

Yours,

Lemy