Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Samstag, Oktober 29, 2005

aikido.lemy.ch - saturdays training

I was not in the training for 2 weeks. The first week holiday and last week too busy. So, I was quite hot for the training this morning :-)

Daniel took the lead today. There were (me included) 3 students plus romolo and markus on the tatami zone today. Enough space for fun ;-)

The first half of the training, we trained Tenchi nage (Heaven and Earth throw). We focused at the timing and movements, ignoring the technique. For this, we combined it with other techniques like irimi nage. Then two of the students and romolo left. There were only 4 of us remaining in the training: daniel, markus, julien and me.

Second half was jo time :) At the beginning mechanically repeating attacks and defenses. Felt a bit like a typical karate training as it is shown in all those martial art movies. I only knew about half of the movements so far. Therefore i was in big trouble sometimes. Daniel was counting the repeats and the rest was training while i was quite stuck in the movements itself. But no matter, I'm quite sure, when time comes, even I will know all those movements :-D

Then we moved to some basic attacks and defenses. Unfortunately time was passing very fast today and we had to stop the training to finish the official part of it (shokuso!). Nevertheless all of us 4 stayed for the after class lession.

We stood in a quarter, each one facing his counterpart. And one after another we choosed a technique and performed it 4 times per person (positive and negative, left and right). In half an hour, each one picked 2 techniques. Since markus and daniel picked too, I was (again) faced with some fancy techniques which were a bit too advanced for me. For example, I was quite struggling with Katate-tori nikkyo, which is a technique for 4. kyu. But anyway it was a very nice and interesting training full of content for me. Before I left, daniel showed us a technique against 3 attackers. Two attackers with katate-tori and one graps the neck (don't know the name for it). Each one of us performed it once. It was the first time for me dealing with 3 attackers (daniel told me with a smile :).

At the beginning I gave daniel the cd with the movies and pictures I took from the training of 15. October, which were the tests for the dan novices (e.g. reinhard) and markus for his second dan. He was quite pleased and asked me, what I want for it. To my answer (nothing) he meant he'll pay me a beer. Looking forward to it ;-)

I've put the pictures on my webpage. You can see it under: http://aikido.lemy.ch check it out! This link will be the place, where I'll put all my ressources about aikido in the future.
Unfortuantely, I had to remove the movies as they produced too much bandwith usage for my account :( If you want to see the movies too, send me an email and we'll see what I can do for you ;-)

Yours,

Lemy