Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Mittwoch, Oktober 05, 2005

Wednesday Training - Ushiro riote tori

Daniel sensei took the lead today. Monika, me, mago, reinhard and etienne were participating.

They moved the picture of o-sensei to another wall in the dojo. We were still all a bit confused to sit on another direction... ...but i think we'll get used to it. Daniel explained that this should be the normal case in dojos, that the picutre of o-sensei is in front of the entry. So it seems we got a correct dojo now :)

Today we performed different techniques going out from Ushiro riote tori (attacker grabs both wrists from behind): Ikkyo (mainly for us beginners), nikkyo, sankyo and kotegaeshi.

I asked today danile for a list of the techniques to perform at the test. Answer was: "You can buy it for 18 bugs at the office of the dojo... (short break) ....but I think I'll just copy it for you for the first test, you can buy it afterwards.." Heh, seems I was not the only one with a strange look in the face when hearing that. I asked why they don't put it on the dojo's webpage, he meant that it was quite common in the past but (like here) that most dojos removed that. He didn't know why exactly...

For me to keep in mind, as I remember, it was (for my first test, 5th kyu):

  • kata:
    • shomen uchi ikkyo

  • techniques:
    • katate tori ikkyo

    • katate riote tori ikkyo

    • katate tori kotegaeshi

    • katate tori shihonage

    • katate tori iriminage


Of course all in omote (positive) and ura (negative) execution.

Yours,

Lemy