Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Mittwoch, Juli 27, 2005

same thing - wednesday training

As the title says, today quite the same techniques as yesterday.
Got not much to tell you here. Daniel sensei took the lead. Ruedi sensei participated as well. (Together with monika, reinhard and two aikidokas i've not trained before and therefore, you know me, already forgot the names)

Ikkyo done very fast today. We did it only once.
Much more nikkyo therefore. Quite interesting all those different styles for 1 single technique. I'm still not able to manage a good leverage but that's easy: I'm still a beginner, you know ;-) and that is going to be relevant for the orange belt -> I'll have to do the yellow belt tests beforehand...

Aaah, one thing i learned today the hard way: You really have to knock if you feel pain. Shouting does not necessary be recognized by the uke :-) This is really one damn important thing when performing nikkyo techniques... ...nope, i don't want to know (yet) that there are even more painful techniques ;-)

What else? Training was good, i'm relaxed afterwards. Just my right wrist hurts a bit (right is the problematic nikkyo side for me, left works better). I'm going to rub it with voltaren tonight. Hope that helps.

Perhaps as a side note for those interested in watching pictures. These are my senseis: Daniel (4th dan, begun with aikido in 1976) and Ruedi (4th dan, begun with aikido in 1970)

Yours,

Lemy