Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Mittwoch, Juli 20, 2005

Irimi- Tuesdays Training

Our dojo has holidays for three weeks. It closes earlier. Nevertheless, our sensei got his own key and therfore we're able to train half an hour earlier than usual.
I got that wrong last week, thought it's an hour earlier. Therefore, I was half an hour too early in the dojo. No matter, daniel sensei was already there (surprised seeing me ha!). After having a bit of a chat (he still has muscle ache from the stage 2 weeks ago :) i went to the tatami zone and did some movements and rollings for myself until class started.

At the beginning, we were only 4 students there (david, monika, reinhard and me). Later on, 4 more students joined (markus, pascale, etienne and mago).

Beginning with stretching. No shin-kokyu today.

Daniel wanted to train on irimi today. We did it from the beginning on. Step by step.

I'm still having problems with positive irimi. I'm always getting confused how to walk over in front of uke as soon as we're side-by-side...
...wheras I was able to make big steps forward with the negative one. I was able to improve that remarkably. This always gives a really good feeling. See (again) this animated picture for the negative shomenuchi irminage.

Today it was the first time I tried falling correctly. I did not manage to fall without any hurt. My back had to suffer today :)

After 2,5 hours, daniel remarked that he forgot the time. :)

This was the hardest and advanced training for me so far.
Came home, eat and drink something and felt to bed like a stone. ;)

Hope it's getting a bit easier today over lunch.. ...we'll see :)

Yours,

Lemy