Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Mittwoch, Juni 15, 2005

Wednesday Training Session

Today, as usual, Ruedi took the lead. Beneath me and Ruedi, there were also Monika (blue belt) and Martin (brown belt) there.

Stretching and Kokyu at the beinning as warmup. Quit fun to do some ikkio as a stretching exercise. Both parties do an ikkio on the same position, which stretches your back and side.

Then we used Gym Balls to enhance our rolling techniques. This was quite good for me to repeat that again. I'm already getting familiar with the beginning of ukemi (you do this with rollings whereas you don't roll over but stay in a correct lying position). I got still some problems in having the correct leg in an angle but not so often as earlier. Some progress here :)

Then again some randadori with backward yokomen (nage / i forgot the bloody name for backward again!) catched with irimi nage (uke).

At the end my first bokken training. Quite fun with that weapon. Begun with a kata training (tsuki & shomen).

It's still fun to go to the aikido training and i'm already feeling a bit more comfortable in repeating techniques.

Yours,

Lemy

2 Comments:

Blogger lemy said...

hey mirei,

i would like to take this off-topic.
please write me an email (i did not find yours on your blog) then i can answer your question more precisely.

cheers

lemy

Mittwoch, Juni 15, 2005 4:45:00 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I enjoyed reading your posts so far. I've also posted my aikido adventures from the beginning. :)

I am glad you are enjoying your training! I look forward to reading more!

Liz

Donnerstag, Juni 16, 2005 5:26:00 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home