Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Dienstag, Juni 07, 2005

Why Aikido

Why the hell aikido and not anything else?

Well, i was impressed from different fighting sports since a long time.
Whereas i did not want to learn attacking at all. For me it was more to train my concentration, breathing and the possiblity to defense yourself.
Judo and Jiu-Jitsu came into my mind but after 1-2 trainings i felt a bit too challenged. For me it has to do nothing with challenges.

Then i read an article about aikido. The sentence "using aikido you just want to show the senseless of the attackers attack" impressed me and so i decided to try it out.

I looked around berne which dojo would match most for me (specially the location was the most important thing). I found the "Nippon Bern" and its location was the best for me (very near the train- and busstations, nearly the middle of my workingplace and home). www.nipponbern.ch

After two training sessions, i felt really comfortable there and the people were very friendly.

This is a picture of the tatami zone in my dojo. On the right hand, it's my sensei daniel:


This weekend, i've bought a book about aikido: Total Aikido by Gozo Shioda and his son Yasuhisa Shioda. It's very good since it has many pictures in it and is adressed for both beginners and advanced users: total aikido at amazoon.com
If you'd like to support me, you can buy me the previous book of them: Dynamic Aikido. ;-) Check my whishlist for that.

But that's not all... ...after having my first Jo lessions this weekend, i had to buy my own Jo. It's from chineese wood (cheaper than the ones comming from japan) and it's fun to train at home :) Hope i'll improve it a lot using it at home. The green around our house already looks a bit used...

Yours,

Lemy