Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Mittwoch, Juni 29, 2005

Hooooot - Tuesdays Training

Daniel Senesi took the lead, supported by markus.

Since it was still very very hot in the dojo (especially on the tatami zone where they had tae-bo training beforehand, i think you get the picture :) we did not much moves and difficult ukemis today.

We had two guests who did aikido for the first time today.

At the beginning shinkokyu as usual followed by some stretching exercises.

Then we did some different ukemis along the tatami zone whereas markus did it with us more experienced aikidokas and daniel focused on the guests, showing them how to roll correctly.

For me it's still not easy to do that much ukemis. I think this has mainly 2 reasons:
1st of all, i still have problems with backward rollings. Somehow i never manage to finish them correctly.
Then i think i'm not breathing correctly during ukemis. As most aikidokas know, this can be very critical (only seeing black a.s.o.). I have to work on this!

Continued with irminage but on knees (because it was really hot), both positive and negative. Quite good, i had the chance to train this with markus (2nd dan). He was a big help especially in reminding me how to move correctly on the knees (veeery difficult if you're not used to it. My feet hurt like hell!).

Then same with shihonage (on knees). My feet hurted more and more until the first piece of sking rubbed away (burns like hell). I had to bite on my dents very hard :)
Since daniel showed each piece of shihonage very slowly, we did this technique a couple of times. At the end we went up and did it on feet (at last, uff!).
Then he showed some conter-technique for the more experienced of us (where I don't count me on ;) We did this in a kind-of randadori style: Walk around the tatami zone, grap a partner, and do the technique 2 times (each one playing uke once), then move along and get another partner. Quite funny this way.

At the end daniel showed the whole repertoire of the basic technique using 2 opponents (markus and reinhard) with one jo (taking jo, using jo etc.) for the guests to get an idea how far aikido can go. Veeeery amusing and interesting. I enjoyed very much!

At the end again some stretching and then we were finished.

After daniel asked me how the training was for me, I showed him my feet and he get big eyes and explained me I should move correctly on knees (he actually showed me again). Funny, markus stood asaide an was smiling, hehe. I told daniel that I enjoyed the training and markus already told me how to move, but I have to work on this :)

Quite fun and not so relaxed as usual but i think this is because of the heat in the dojo :)

Yours,

Lemy