Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Donnerstag, Juli 21, 2005

Wednesday Training

Do you remember my last post? Didn't I hope to have an easy training today? Well it seems my whishe were not heard :(

Ruedi Sensei took the lead today. Daniel Sensei was just participating. Furthermore, Monika and Mago were there as well.

Shin-kokyu and stretching at the beginning.

Then we did some handgrabbing techniques from different sorts: ikkio and nikkyo.
Interesting thing was, that we build it up step by step and ruedi really explained it good. So that it was easy for us two beginners (mago and me) to follow. Since we were not that many people in class today, we changed partners a lot and I did nearly every technique with everyone. This keeps you really busy while training ;)

Hard thing today was when ruedi explained we should train it now without looking to much on the technique itself but more on the flow and dynamic of it. That means when uke is fallen, he has to stand up fast and directly attack again as soon as possible.
Daniel just said: "I will do this with stefan.." (me) He really took me hard. It was good but very exhausting. After a couple of minutes, we had to change partners and guess who wanted to do it with me: Ruedi Sensei of course. Even harder with him! He's soooo fast in standing up again and attacking straight away even before he stands up! Damn, both senseis took me hard at that time. Heh!

At the end we trained again the bokken kata they learned at the stage with walther oelschlaeger. Since i've done it for the second time, i'm getting a bit more familiar with it. It's really a kind of "real" kata, since you don't fight much with the attackers. 1 cut for each attacker is enough to eliminate him. It kind of let me think of an iaido kata but with real partners. I liked that much.

At the end monika gave both senseis a present (just a small sweet) and twinkled to us beginners in saying "look, that's what our senseis get if they teached well".. ..i think she meant we'll have to do so as well. Ok, i think i will but let's wait a bit until i can differ between bad and good teaching :)

Got a good feeling afterwards but extreeemly tired after those 2 hard training sessions. Felt to bed like a stone again :)

Yours,

Lemy