Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Samstag, Oktober 08, 2005

Saturdays Training - Shomen Uchi Ikkyo

Neither daniel nor ruedi were in the training today. Markus took the lead, supported by nathalie (yeah! that's the name of the women i forgot last time... ...hey I'm making progress too! ;-) and romolo. 6 students (me included) were on the tatami zone today.

No shinkokyu at the beginning but some stretching exercises. Followed by a couple of basic techniques step-by-step which I don't remember all of them.

Then we spent a long time training the adequate katas (ikkyo for the 5. kyu, ikkyo-nikkyo for the 4. kyu and ikkyo-nikkyo-sankyo for the 3. kyu). It was good since I've performed it with mago who (most probably) will be my uke at the tests.

I got a tough time today as my right shoulder hurts like hell in one specific position (when I arise my right arm, the pain flashes in). It begun already yesterday. No idea from what this comes.... ...I'll use some salve today and hope it gets better for tomorrows special training.

Yours,

Lemy