Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Sonntag, Oktober 09, 2005

Sunday Training - Special Training for Tests

Yes! I succeeded, I went to the special training for those making the tests. I did not sleep to long and was there on time. Quite funny... ..don't know for how long I was not up in the morning at a sunday... ...the sound of the churches bells was something I didn't hear for a long time on a sunday morning. Had quite a good feeling.

It was a tough training session today. Daniel (of course) took the lead. There were also markus (preparing for his 2nd dan next saturday), 4 1st kyus (preparing for the 1st dan next saturday), 2 5th kyus (preparing for the 4th kyu in november) and mago and me, preparing for the 5th kyu (november as well).

At the beginning, we trained the katas again. For us whities simple shomenuchi ikkyo. I think I got it quite good now. Shouldn't be a problem I think. The others trained quite more katas meanwhile as they have to show quite a bunch of katas.

After that, mago and me trained all the katatetori techniques for us alone (ikkyo, kotageshi, shihonage and irimi) while the others did their techniques (boah, the dan aspirants have to make many techniques in subury waza (on the knees)).

Then, quite cool, everybody had to perform a randori. All the dan aspirants had to defend 2 opponents. Daniel really pushed us to attack as fast as possible. Everybody was out of breath afterwards. This is sooo tough, I wasn't aware of that. The two 5. kyus had to do the randadori with only one opponent, whereas i was uke for julien. It's really exhausting! Mago and me had just to show all the katatetori techniques and we did it at the end and both at the same time.

Quick summary:
- kata ikkyo, no problem i think
- katate riote tori ikkyo and katate tori ikkyo as well
- katate tori kotageshi, no problem
- katate tori shihonage, some minor problems to remember how to begin for negative. Positive no problem
- katate tori irimi, I'm not yet confident with this technique. I think i'll have to focus on that one in the next trainings.

The training dured 2 hours, which is not usual as all trainings don't exceed 1,5 hours (normally). Then it was quite exhausting. I think that's why I feel a bit tired now. But anyway a good feeling, nevertheless I had to stand up that early today.

Yours,

Lemy