Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Mittwoch, Oktober 12, 2005

Wednesday Training - My first Yonkyo steps..

Only 5 Aikidokas on the tatami today. Ruedi Sensei was back and Daniel took the lead. Reinhard (still training hard for his 1st dan test next saturday) was the only non-white-belted student in class today :)
Etienne showed up later on and mago and me were also participating.

At the beginning mago and me trained the ikkyo kata while daniel sensei watched us. Both of us got problem at the entering move for the ura form of this technique. We're moving to far which results in a not so clean turn of the hips. Uke falls over our knees which is not good enough. But besides of this small fault, daniel meant we both would have passed the test when doing the kata like this. Yay! :-)

Then we proceeded a bit to more advanced training in order to give reinhard the chance to train for his dan test. That's why we made our first steps in yonkyo. I did not manage to get the pin correctly but no matter, it's an advanced technique anyway :-)

At the end we trained the Jo kata from Walther Oelschlaeger again. It was good since it has been long time ago we trained it last time.

Quite a good training but still, my right shoulder hurts :( I really hope it gets better next week, as I'm not able to go to the training at tuesday and wednesday (I'm in Amsterdam! Yay! Watching championsleague match between ajax amsterdam and fc thun). Should be a long enough rest period (hopefully). Because of the same reason (adam) I'll not train at saturday as I have to leave at home around 1pm and the training dures until half past 12. But I really want to see the dan tests and therefore I'll just visit the training as a visitor and will make some pics and videos. Keep on reading, I'll post some of them in here!

Yours,

Lemy