Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Dienstag, November 15, 2005

Tuesdays training

I went to training last wednesday, but unfortunately daniel sensei was ill and I went there for nothing. So, over 2 weeks no aikido now. I was quit hot to go again :)

The tatami zone was again very crowded today. We got a new girl again. Now we were around half/half man/women. For me, that's quite a good thing as this brings a bit of a change into the trainig. It's always different to train with women and man, tall or small and so on. Therefore for me it's a good thing to have as many different partners as possible. This way, I can much better work on my techniques as it would be possible with just a couple of partners.

We begun with the uchiro riote tori beginning to shihonage as a stretching exercise.

Then daniel divided the 4 dans (romolo, nathalie and markus) and made 4 groups of us students (3-3-3-2). Each group was with one dan, performing one technique and after a couple of time, we changed.

romolo: shomenuchi ikkyo
nathalie: katatetori shihonage
daniel: uchiro riote tori kokyunage
markus: uchiro riote tori kotegaeshi

I was a bit in a struggle with the uchiro techniques. But no matter, it's an advanced technique and I'm still a beginner ;-)

It was good to go to the training. I was quite weary afterwards.

Yours,

Lemy