Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Samstag, April 01, 2006

Saturdays Training - Basics

There were only Nathalie, Romolo, Julien and me in the training today. Both Ruedi and Daniel Sensei were on vacation this week. Nathalie took the lead and we begun with Yokomen Uchi Irimi, followed by Ryote Katate Dori Irimi. We performed them both in the ura version which I totally don't like. I always got the feeling I'm behaving wrong when perfoming Irimi in the ura form. I've never had a positive feeling doing this technique so far.

After that Nathalie showed us some kokyu nages. For me as a beginner, kokyu is quite difficult. It really looks like a fake (whereas very fluently and nice, but not functional anyhow) and when I perform it, I always got the feeling this cannot work with an uncooperative partner.

Romolo had to leave after this and we went on to the kata. Julien (4th kyu) focussed mainly on sankyo as this will be his "new" kata to show on the next tests. On my part, I had to focus on shomen-uchi nikkyo omote. I still don't get it fluently. But I was able to make some progress today.

Very good feeling after the training and quite relaxed. It's always hard for me to go to the training at saturday morning but afterwards it's mostly worth it :-)

Yours,

Lemy