Blog of an aikido beginner

Follow a beginners aikido trainings and share his impressions.

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: Bern, Switzerland

Samstag, April 11, 2009

UAS Stage Magglingen

Last weekend we had our yearly aikido stage of the aikido union switzerland in magglingen.

The stage started friday evening but unfortunately I could join at saturday afternoon only because I had school this week and there was an exam on saturday morning.

I attended two training sessions on saturday afternoon led by two different teachers from within the aikido union.

The first was very interesting. It was dedicated to hirokazu kobayashi (whom I never met as he died in 1998 - 6 year before my aikido trainings started). The teacher showed and let us train some of his personal interpretations of the techniques which made kobayashi so unique. You might get an idea of what I mean when you watch the following video on youtube (at around 1:10 you'll see the nikkyo):

We extensively trained the different styles (or should I call it possibilites) of nikkyo as shown by this great teacher. My wrists were pretty hurt after this session as you can imagine :-)

The second training on saturday was then mainly focused on short movements (instead of the big ones often seen in aikido). Quite interesting to do some direct entering irmi nage in a dynamic way.

Saturday morning training session was pretty hard for me. I was a bit hung-over due to an extensive beer tasting the evening before ;-) so I had to rest from time to time. :-)

The following last session was then led by my teacher and he focused mainly on techniques with a Jo.

All in all once again a very interesting stage as the trainings are led by different teachers all brining in their own personal understanding o techniques and aikido in general. A very good way for a beginner like me to get a feeling of what the essence aikido might be.

You can check out pictures from this stage on my flickr account under the following link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lemy/sets/72157616299711785/

Yours,

Lemy

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

Hi, my name is Mai.
I created a video for CSUN Aikido Class.
Please check it out if you are interested in :)
Thank you!

Mai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPjQ9LsuMjE&feature=channel_page

Donnerstag, Mai 14, 2009 3:06:00 AM  
Blogger Aikiben said...

Onegai shimasu..

Interesting blog on your journey !
I hope it will be meaningful and great for you..

Pls add me into your link http://wayofharmony-aikido.blogspot.com

Domo Arigato

Mittwoch, September 16, 2009 12:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Carlos said...

Hi, your site and the video are very nice.

Montag, März 15, 2010 8:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Kenneth Gibbons LLC said...

Great Video. The more I look over this blog the more I want to find a school to learn AIKIDO.

Samstag, Dezember 31, 2011 2:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Black NY Giants Jersey

Donnerstag, Februar 23, 2012 2:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Novelty Pens said...

Keeping a good and consistent training schedule is so important. Good training habits are important to developing good skills.
Thanks,
Fun Pens

Donnerstag, August 23, 2012 5:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

Mittwoch, Januar 22, 2014 11:59:00 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home